It’s that time of year when everyone is searching for Easter Basket ideas. Below you will find a comprehensive list of fun, non-toxic, organic, eco-friendly, and natural Easter basket ideas! It seems that all holidays have such a focus on candy now. I do put a few healthy treats in my kid’s Easter Baskets, but usually, it is things like organic fruit leathers.
At the bottom of this post, I also give some ideas on creating a non-toxic Easter Basket along with some super cute eco-friendly Easter decorations.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Why Buying Natural and Organic Items is Important
Buying natural Easter basket items is better for both the environment as well as our bodies. There are toxins galore in many items, including toys, that are sold for our children. Anything from lead (and other heavy metals) to PVC to BPA to name just a few.
Buying organic, non-toxic, and naturally made items is better for our children, better for our earth, and better for the people making it – it’s a win, win, win for everybody! Remember, we vote with our dollars.
I don’t like the idea of giving cheap, disposable items, especially items made in China. Most of the items below are made in the USA and not made in China. I give the details on materials and where items are made.
Enjoy this list of natural Easter basket ideas!
Organic Stuffed Bunny Rabbits
These adorable 100% organic cotton stuffed animal rabbits would delight any child! All filing is natural materials as well. Each is listed below from top left to bottom right, the link in each comment will take you directly to the item.
- This 100% organic cotton and wool bunny is adorable! Made in Germany.
- Senger makes organic stuffed animals made in Germany of organic cotton and wool. We have several of their stuffed animals, and my kids love them. This stuffed animal rabbit comes in 9″ and 16″.
- Senger 16″ all white 100% organic cotton rabbit, made in Germany filled with wool.
- Under the Nile has 100% organic cotton, GOTS certified stuffed animals. The Snuggle Bunny would make a great addition to any Easter Basket. Under the Nile makes its products in a Fair Trade facility in Egypt.
- The Scrappy Bunny Stuffed animal from Under the Nile is 100% organic cotton, GOTS certified and made Fair Trade in Egypt.
- The Bunny Blanket Friend from Under the Nile is 100% organic cotton, GOTS certified and made Fair Trade in Egypt.
Organic Stuffed Animals and Dolls
These 100% organic cotton stuffed animal and dolls are a perfect Easter gift. All filling is natural materials as well. Each is listed below from top left to bottom right, the link in each comment will take you directly to the item.
- The Senger stuffed lamb is made from 100% organic cotton and wool. It is made in Germany. This sweet lamb was in my son’s first Easter basket and still holds a special place in his heart today.
- Senger stuffed bear is made from 100% organic cotton and wool. It comes in both a 12″ and 16″. It is made in Germany.
- Under the Nile Jill Doll is made from 100% organic cotton, GOTS certified. She is made Fair Trade in Egypt. She comes with a change of clothes in her bag. We’ve enjoyed this doll for years!
- Under the Nile Sammy doll is made from 100% organic cotton, GOTS certified. Made Fair Trade. A change of clothes comes in his backpack. CHANGE OUT
- Puppy, as this Senger stuffed dog is affectionately called in our house, is made of 100% organic cotton and wool. Puppy is loved by both of my children equally. Made in Germany.
- This Senger Hedgehog is too cute! 100% organic cotton and wool, made in Germany.
We love books (and so many books are Made in China this is one of my exceptions for “toys” made in China). From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- The Easter Egg by Jan Brett.
- Yoga Bunny by Brian Russo
- When Spring Comes by Kevin Henkes
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Good Day, Good Night by Margaret Wise Brown
- Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure by Kimberly and James Dean
New York Puzzle Company’s puzzles are made in the USA. They are formaldehyde free and use soy-based inks. Adding puzzle pieces inside of Easter eggs is a great alternative to using candy. Once all the eggs are collected you can complete the puzzle! From left to right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- Peter Rabbit’s Home, ages 5+, 60 pieces
- Mr. McGregor’s Garden, ages 3+, 48 pieces
- Peter Rabbit and Family, Floor Puzzle (large sized), ages 3+, 48 pieces
What kid doesn’t love getting toys!? This list is sustainable, natural, and eco-friendly toys. For more toy ideas please see my toy post (which is free of all plastic toys). From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- Haba Marble Run pieces. This is made of solid wood in Germany. My son has the Haba Marble Run and in years past I’ve added a marble run piece to his Easter basket. I like adding marble run pieces as gifts to slowly build on his marble run.
- Plan Toys Happy Puppy is made sustainably of rubberwood in Thailand. You can read more about Plan Toys, and why I love them, in my toy post.
- Tegu wooden magnetic race car, these toys are always fun and entertaining for my kids. These are made in Honduras and are both plastic and lead-free.
- Tegu wooden magnetic block set. Made in Honduras.
- Green Toys EcoSaucer Flying Disc is made in the USA of recycled plastic. BPA, PVC, & phthalate-free.
- Manzanita Kids Bunny Teether, solid wood, made in the USA. This darling teether would be a great addition for your baby.
Gardening supplies is a great way to welcome spring in your Easter baskets. The more we get our children connected to nature, and growing food, the better! From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- Green Toys Watering Can, Made in the USA of recycled plastic. BPA, PVC, & phthalate-free.
- Organic, heirloom garden seeds. This is a perfect way to teach your children about gardening. 16 easy to grow vegetable and fruit varieties.
- Plan Toys Flower Pots, this is a toy. Plan Toys is one of my favorite sustainable toy companies. You can read more about them in my toy post. Made in Thailand.
- Metal 5 Piece Gardening Tool Set, Made in Germany. I’ve tested this set and it is free of heavy metals like lead.
- Certified organic edible flower seeds. This is a great time of year to get going in your garden, and children love to be included in gardening. Y
- Metal Sand Pail and Tools, Made in Germany. I’ve tested this set and it is free of heavy metals like lead.
Natural Art Supplies
We love doing art projects in our house, these are some of our favorite brands. From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- Filana Crayons are made with certified organic beeswax, no paraffin, no GMOs, and made in the USA. I’ve tested these crayons for heavy metals and they were non-detect for any heavy metals. These are a favorite in our house!
- Filana Block Crayons have a different use than the stick crayons above (we use a lot for shading and thicker drawings). We use both regularly for different purposes. I can’t say enough about how much we love this brand!
- Dover Stickers are a favorite of ours. They are made in the USA and aren’t so sticky that you can never get them off your floors!
- Lyra Waldorf Selection Colored Pencils are a great, sturdy pencil. They write well and there is no crumbling or breaking. Made in Germany.
- Honey Sticks are another great beeswax crayon. They are made with New Zealand beeswax and food-grade pigments. They also are free of paraffin and made in New Zealand. These crayons are thicker and are less likely to break when being used by younger children.
- The Dover Baby Animal stickers are so sweet and a perfect complement to your natural Easter Basket. Made in the USA.
Spring brings an excitement in the air. Playing outside on the first warm days of the year is always so much fun. These are some of our favorite warm-weather activities. From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- Rainbow Jump Rope with Wooden Handles, made in the USA of 100% cotton rope. This jump rope is well made and heavy enough that it makes jumping easy. This is the jump rope we prefer.
- Green Toys Jump Rope, made in the USA of 100% cotton rope with recycled plastic handles. We found this to be
- Pustefix Bubbles, made in Germany. A large refill container can be bought as well.
- Wee Can Too Veggie Chalk, made with organic ingredients in the USA. I tested these, and they were free of heavy metals.
Organic pajamas are a top priority in our house. Conventional clothing is filled with toxins. Where we sleep, and what we sleep in, should contain the least amount of toxins. We always choose organic PJ’s. Both Hanna Andersson and Burts Bees have some cute spring and Easter pajamas right now.
Read here for more information on why organic clothing is important, organic clothing brands for kids, clothing certifications, and non-toxic organic mattresses. Making your bedroom a non-toxic zone is one of the best things you can do.
- Hanna Andersson has several really cute Easter pajamas. They are 100% organic cotton, Oeko-Tex certified.
- Burts Bees has some great spring & Easter PJ options that are 100% organic cotton, GOTS certified. GOTS is the most stringent control for clothing and what we look for when buying clothes.
Creating your Natural Easter Basket
Now that you have natural Easter basket ideas, what about the actual Easter basket and Easter eggs? We use baskets that we already had but there are many great natural basket options available (Etsy is a good source).
Once you have your basket, you need your Easter grass and Easter eggs. Here are some great, natural ideas for filling your Easter basket. From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- Organic wool easter grass, plant dyed, made in Germany. This is a great organic, eco-friendly, and reusable easter grass option
- Sarah’s silks emerald green play silk. Another great reusable option. This is the 1 made in China item on my list! This can be used year-round for lots of open-ended play.
- Unpainted natural wood eggs, made in the USA. These are perfect for using painting and decorating or just leaving as is!
- Eco Eggs compostable easter eggs, this is a much better version to the plastic Easter eggs! They are made from 100% corn starch and are compostable. I do wish these were non-GMO but again these are much better than the plastic, petroleum-derived traditional Easter eggs. Eco Eggs also sells Eco Grass which is 100% recycled paper crinkled up into strips that look like grass. I tried to DIY crinkled paper grass one year, save yourself the headache and just buy the Eco Grass.
- You can also grow your own Easter grass! It would be a really fun project with kids but you would just need to plan in advance.
I love Easter decorations (actually decorating for any holiday!). Especially the simplicity and beauty of natural decorations. The little touches throughout the home bring squeals of excitement from my kids. From top left to bottom right, the link will take you directly to the item.
- This rabbit hutch is really adorable. You can add several rabbits or trees around it and set it up as your main decoration piece. It also can be used year-round for play.
- Ostheimer makes high-quality, solid wood animals that are made in Germany. There are many different types of rabbits.
- Eco Eggs Dying Kit is made with natural and organic fruit, plant, and vegetable extracts. If you don’t feel like DIY’ing and doing your own natural dyes this is a great option. The eggs do need to sit in the natural dyes longer to take the color.
- This Bunny Rabbit Paper Doll set is too cute. It’s a cutout set (meaning you, or your children, will need to cut out the pieces) with different dresses and hats for the rabbit. My kids are really loving this!
- Happy Spring DIY Paper Wreath kit. I’m obsessed with the Paper Source DIY kits. Paper Source makes it easy to DIY and
endup with CUTE results. It’s also all paper so eco-friendly, plastic-free, toxin-free, and very cute! Made in the USA.
- Big Dipper Works 100% beeswax bunny candle. This candle is free of toxic chemicals and is adorable! Made in the USA from Canadian beeswax. They also have bird candles that would be a good addition as well.
- Paper Bunny Rabbit Easter Baskets. These small paper baskets are adorable and would be so fun for a group of kids. This is a DIY kit.
- Springtime Bunny Garland, this is such an easy and fun way to add a touch of Easter fun in your home. This is a DIY kit. Made in the USA.
- Bunny Masks Kits are so fun to create with kids (these are DIY). Last year we made the Paper Source woodland animals and turkey masks. My kids are still playing with them! Made in the USA.
Happy Easter! I hope you were able to find some great natural Easter baskets ideas!
Pin it for later!
Marya Shahriary says
Hi! Thank you for these great ideas! Did you test the honey sticks for heavy metals too?
Natural Baby Mama says
I did! They were all good, one of the colors had low cadmium but after talking with the company they showed me their test results and they were non-detect for cadmium. I think the test I had done gave a false positive. We use Honey Sticks in our home.
Thanks for all of your hard work assembling this great list of ideas! I’ve been looking for non-toxic sidewalk chalk since last spring, but it’s been out of stock. Do you know of any other brands that might work and are available?
You are welcome! This is the only brand I know, I wonder if calling the company direct would help? I hope they are still making it!
Yes, you’re right, I did get to order some chalk directly through the company’s site. Thanks again!